Friday, May 09, 2008

self doubt

Today has been one of those days that I doubt myself. Have you ever had one of these days. It is driving me nuts because it seems that every time I question myself more opportunities for problems occur. OK so maybe I am a little dramatic here. Brad says I am getting myself worked up. So here is the lesson I am learning. If you let a little self doubt kick in it is not necessarily a bad thing. It makes you aware and that is OK however you need to let it go..Feel the emotion, understand it and let it go...Deep slow breaths.. Let me share with you guys my story that caused this lovely topic. Brad this morning asked me if I was enjoying my car and driving a stick. Let me emphasize that he nicely asked me how I was doing with the shift stick driving. Back track to yesterday I did not stall the vehicle once. It was so much fun driving I loved it. I told Brad that I was great and he left for work..Subconsciously I must have been thinking otherwise for I stalled seven times on my way to work. A few of my cases (which had no earthly reason to, got messed up at the court so I had to go and put out some fires there..Then I could not get the car into reverse at the courthouse so I jumped the parking curb almost taking out the meter. I am not lying folks. So embarrassing!!! As any and every female I cried. Then called Brad because of course it was his fault, then apologized to him (and the car). Brad reminded me that I could do it and I took deep breathe said to myself "Dennise you can do this" and a little (big) prayer and off Herbie and I went. I know this might sound crazy but it is a true.. our feelings affect our actions.
This theory can be applied (and does in my humble opinion) to everything. I firmly believe we need to and we can change the issue of poverty if we really examined our beliefs here. A lot of the problems come from our unwillingness (unintentionally) to look and really believe that we can make a difference. Since we believe we cannot make a difference we don't take action and in turn do not make a difference. We cannot believe that we can help people that are living these conditions. We are either to caught up in our on financial problems and think I can't help myself non the less someone else. But we can by making people aware of your beliefs that something needs to change. Giving emotional support to those that are involved does not cost a thing. Like joining RLC or writing to your senators and congressmen. I was astonished yesterday to read that 15,000 people die daily in Africa from diseases. 15,000 folks . But it is not only in Africa. My heart breaks when I hear of the hunger riots in Haiti. These human beings are eating mud patties. A child was asked whether the mud patties hurt him to which he responded that the patties made his stomach hurt but he was so hungry he had no other choice. Lets change our beliefs. I am working on this hopefully there are no more curbs or meters on the way home :0)

No comments: