Thursday, April 17, 2008

Mom

Long story short, two weeks ago my mom's primary physician (who happens to be a hottie and consequently my doctor. I mean really who can pass up a good looking doctor :0 ) called her in to review a Ct Scan. Next thing we know she is having kidney surgery to remove a tumor. Now relatively speaking it seemed like a not so big deal. Right insert nervous chuckle here. Her surgeons were confident in the procedure and really were excellent with her and us. So the surgery was on Monday. Picture this...Hospital surgical waiting room... 6:30 am. I was to meet my two sisters and mom at the hospital since my mom had to be there at 5:00 am for paperwork. Mind you I had gone over the surgery time with my sisters (i.e., 7:30am). Anyways, I get there at 6:30 after finally finding the hospital (three words morning no coffee). As I am running into the waiting room I see my two sisters who look pissed. My mom is not with them. My older sister Michelle tells me they have taken her back for surgery and that I have missed her. Um wait a second, her surgery is not scheduled for another hour. When the hell have you known a doctor to be early. Really come on folks. I wait three hours for my gynecologist. Sorry I digress. As Michelle begins to give me a lecture about my inability to be there for my family (I let it go she is my older sister) a nurse comes by and asks me if I want to see my mother. YESSS!!! I triumphantly look at Michelle and head to see my mom. My mom is wrapped up like a burrito and when she spots me she starts to cry. She tells me about how she did not think she would see me. Really folks you could push me over with a feather. What is up with my family? I am not, let me repeat myself, I am not a horrible person. I like and have been told by other family members that I am there for them and my family. I don't know stress maybe? I hugged her and kissed her and off to the waiting room I went.
I did not realize that day that hospital have assigned seats in the waiting room. What you did not know that either. Well I am here to tell that there are such things. Basically we had the waiting room Nazi. He went around with a seating chart got our names; wrote a description of our clothes etc. Seriously, when I went to get coffee I had to ask for permission. My sisters and I had a field day with this one. I am sure the guy had to take aspirin after dealing with us. So I am realizing that this post is getting way to long so I will finish tomorrow. I will say that my mom is recovering well but we have a long road ahead of us with the subsequent needed treatment. Peace and Love

No comments: