Friday, April 18, 2008

Where was I? Well my sisters and I have the same sense of humor. We are very dry and sarcastic. Needless to say we kept ourselves entertained during the wait with our Nazi worker. We befriended this elderly gentlemen as he was waiting for his wife all by himself. No one should wait for their loved one regardless of the procedure by themselves. Especially when they are old. So we took him under our wings. We asked are Nazi for permission to change our assign seats to sit next to him. Kindly he granted our request. We then attempted to give him coffee, cookies etc. I am sure he told his wife that three women were hitting on him while he waited. :0) Anyways, a couple of hours later the doctors come out. Now I knew we were in trouble as the doctors did not make eye contact with us. I really knew it when they asked us to step into the conference room. We followed the doctors like little ducklings. I kept thinking mom..weird the only word that kept going through my head was mom. I avoided the looks of the other people solely focusing on my sister. You see my younger sister, Camille, is a nurse despite my education and age I defer and fully admit that she has a lot more knowledge about this stuff. I looked at her for guidance. Funny I could not process what the doctor was saying other than "we've had an interesting morning with your mother". Not words I really want to hear. I know in my line of work when I say interesting it meets complicated, means more work means not the result we wanted. In the end the tumor was not were they expected. Huh!!! Yup those were my words. Camile says in response "But the CT-scan said clearly it was hanging on the outside of the kidney. Well the CT-scan lied the doctor replies. Now this is the part were my brain kicked in. I've done enough depositions to know that CT scans don't lie. "But Doctor" My mom's main doctor stepped in and said we were just as surprised. If that was suppose to comfort me it did not. They proceed to tell us that after flipping and pulling and scanning the actual kidney they found the tumor. The tumor is actually in an inoperable area of the kidney. So the doctors decided to leave it there. I have to add that my mom's kidney function was and is excellent. It was either take the whole kidney or go through radiation. The doctors felt it was an easy choice given her kidney functions. I was really OK with this. The hard part was convincing my mom. So that is it. We had to explain to my mom that she underwent five hours of surgery and the tumor is still there. In addition she will have to go through more surgery and treatment. Now as you guys might imagine my mom was not to happy. She is on major pain meds so she is not all there. SOOO it has been so funny trying to explain this. My mom still thinks we are lying to her. My sisters and I just roll our eyes and repeat ourselves. Brad has been taking care of Kiley as my sister and I have done shifts with my mom. Kiley really does not understand why I am not there but has loved being spoiled by Brad.
I will update on Monday love and peace>

1 comment:

Foxxy One said...

Oy! Your poor mother! Poor You! Poor Sisters! You are all in my prayers.