Friday, April 04, 2008

Bringing up adoption

Bringing up adoption with Kiley has been the topic at our home. We both want for Kiley to know about her adoption etc. We thought we would start introducing the issue as she is 2 1/2 and really smart (bare with me I am her mommy :0) ). We played the videos of our visit trip and coming home. I reiterated how much we loved her and prayed for her. I also told her how much fun we had and pointed out her foster mom. Now we did not go into full details as she is still young. However, we are struggling , (lets be real who am I kidding I am) struggling ) with feelings of insecurities. I never thought or at least thought I had gotten past these feelings. First and foremost, I worry about Kiley. I so want to do the right thing here. I do not want to screw her up. So we played the video and my heart broke. The thought of her having any pain from feeling abandoned or unloved..just well I just can't imagine. Then I went to will she love me, will she be angry with me. Am I out of my mind here? How did you guys handle all of this? I hope I did not offend anyone. I am just writing my thoughts here. I would love to hear how you guys are handling this. What things you did to approach the subject. Namaste.

1 comment:

Foxxy One said...

We've been telling Dylan about his adoption since the word go. We talk about his first mom, his foster family and Guatemala. We tell him the story if his pickup trip. Not all the time but we want it to be part of who he is.

Make sense?