Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I am embarrassed to say that Mother's day started a little early for me. On Friday I took my mother and treated us to a pedicure and manicure. Then we all went to dinner at our favorite mexican restaurant. It was sad in one way. As my mom and I sat there getting our nails done with really nothing to talk about. Nothing..Silence.. I wondered if Kiley and I would be that way. I really hope not. Not that we have an animosity with one another it was just well quiet. Now don't get me wrong, I don't want to be Kiley's best friend. Although I would not mind. But it is my heart's desire to have a realtionship with her. A good relationship one where we communicate etc. This is something I don't have with my mom. Yes I know my mom loves me. She loves me in her way. Defintely not unconditionally. I have learned that that is how my mom is. Nothing more, nothing less. How can I prevent this from happening with Kiley? I certainly think my mom did not expect for our relationship to develop the way it did. I don't know and I wish I had the answers.

Mother's Day was a great day. I woke up to my baby girl next to me. Her little hand was touching my face. What a better way to wake up. Brad took over all of the baby duties which was nice. We spent the day at the pool and then went to church services that night. My two nephews made their first Communion so it was an extra special day. When my family gets together there is always drama. In this case, my sister's ex husband showed up to the church with his girlfriend. Classy huh! Well that would have been OK had I not read her page on myspace about the service. Lets just say B*&*&, That is the entry in itself..Anyways, during the service they had the blessings of the mothers. I must admit I felt like a fraud when the priest initially ask the mothers to stand up. But as I bowed down my head for the blessing my little girl lifted her arms for me to pick her up. My feelings at least momentarily were forgotten.

No comments: