Wednesday, April 04, 2007

a year ago

A year ago today, we became a family of three. A year ago today my little girl was placed in my arms by a wonderful strong woman. I will never, never forget that day. I will always give praise and be humbled by that day. I was so scared but at peace all at the same time. My heart was broken but overjoyed. I was so worried about getting pink before she was placed in my arms after that I knew it was going to happen. Brad tells me that this day is only important to us, but I disagree. I think all of us who are families understand the significance of the day you became/become a family. We all understand that bond, that love. it does not matter how you became a family you still know that exact day and minute. You remember it. You never want to forget it. For me losing my memory would be horrible because I would not be able to remember this day. No other love could be this big and strong. My mom was right when she would say, "the day you become a mom you will understand". I never thought I would feel so passionate, so loyal over one person. I mean I am loyal to Brad, but I mean really...if he cheated on me or god forbid did anything towards me or Kiley..well you know. Anyways it is different for Kiley. I will always be here. I will always forgive her. I often wonder if this is what I hear God is like. I hear all the time that his love is unconditional, that we will always be forgiven, but honestly I have never could relate to it. I could never understand why would God do that..then he sent Kiley to us. Now I understand. So my daughter has been home for a year. She has grown up so much in the year.
Kiley...Mi pricensa
Que mucho te quiero. Que much alegria no has trajido a tu papi y a mi en este ano. A year ago today Tia Mirina placed you in my arms. You were so little and so brave. You did not shed a tear. You looked at me which such trust. I hope never to disappoint you on that point. You have grown sooo much this year. You are walking and dare I say running. You have decided that Dora the Explorer and the Wiggles are the best thing in the world. As for talking, this past month your vocabluary has increased tremendously. You surprise us everyday with all of the amazing things you do. Kiley on this day we thank you for joining our family. We are so much better with you. I love you baby girl and I always will.





2 comments:

Betsy said...

HAPPY ONE YEAR FAMILY DAY.

Beautiful post, D. (Made me cry it was so touching)

And, you have a beautiful little girl.

Give K a big hug and kiss for me!

Heather said...

Your daughter is absolutely adorable! What a wonderful memory this day is for you.