Thursday, April 12, 2007

Easter

Happy Belated Easter everyone. We had a wonderful day. I must admit Kiley is such an easy baby. We are really spoiled. I read at the Good Friday mass as well as on the high mass on Easter Sunday. Normally reading for me is the most wonderful thing in the world. However, I know how busy and honestly how long these masses are so I was a little worried. I worried about Kiley and how she was going to handle it. No Kiley always does really well at church. She is active as any 17month old going on 17 years old are. But she is never disruptive. On a side note, it is my belief that one should not shy away to go to church because of fear of how their child is going to act. They are children, they will make noise, they will eat. We as parents need to get over it. My priest is really good about promoting this with our parish. Yet, I will admit that I still get nervous and I don't want her to cause a scene. Anyways, given how busy and long both masses were going to be she was not going to have the normal room to walk around the pew etc. But she was wonderful! Yes she was active but no screaming, no dramas. She only got upset when she could not see me. At the Easter mass she was sharing her cherios with a cute little boy who was sitting in front of her. It was really sweet!! I wish I could have taken a picture. Alas, I think Father Clark would not find that to be really cute.


After mass and her fighting nap we went over to Abuelas and had a big feast. We did hunt for eggs. Kiley was really into it this year. She would pick up and egg and just shake it. This year was different for me as Kiley last year we had barely been home three days. She was so small and was holding on to me for dear life. This year she walked outside on her own and played with her cousins. It hit me again how much she is grown. It also hit me that we are a family. I love moments like that.






1 comment:

Patti said...

She is soooooo pretty! I love her Easter Dress. :-)

You have a very nice family!

(((hug)))
Pep

Now, is that you in the pic?