Friday, February 17, 2006

More ramblings

Ok this baby stuff is becoming real. Is that a good thing or bad thing? I don't know, part of me is so excited and the other part of me is scared to death. What I do know is that I can't concentrate on anything. Hence my boss is not really happy with me. What can I say. I continuously check my email for any news. I make sure my cell phone is on with a full signal and full battery. Pathetic and really quite annoying. It has only been 14 days for goodness sake. Lisa and Karen I am in awe with your patience and perseverance. Hugs to you.
My best friend, Melody is throwing us a baby shower on the 25th. My mom and sister really wanted to throw me a shower as well so hence I am having two showers. Um not to excited about the latter, sorry Michelle, I am OK with it just feel guilty having two. Anyways the point is the Melody's shower is going to be at our house. As you can imagine my house is now officially a madhouse. Our goal for the weekend is to finish Kiley's room and clean the rest of the house and animals, (even the kitties..here Kitty Kitty). However, buying the stuff for Kiley has made the finality of the adoption real. It scares me, I don't want to jinx it. For instance last night we were at Target, (my favorite store) and we saw the cutest dress. I told B, that it would be a great dress for Kiley to come home in. So he picks out the 6mth size. I look at him like he is crazy and pick up (and end up buying) the 9mth old size. You see, I can't buy something 6mths because I don't want to be disappointed and sad if she is not six months when she comes home. Does any of this make sense. Maybe I am unrealistic, Maybe I am out of my mind. Ok don't answer that last part. Sigh I thought I had a reason and a method for this post but like everything I am doing right now, I don't make any sense and end up rambling...Sorry!!! Lets not forget our Mantra "We will be out of PGN anyday now"
Positive Thoughts:
1) Shopping for Kiley is fun!!!
2) B looks awful cute buying baby stuff.

5 comments:

Erica said...

Dennise, you are completely normal, at least in the realm of the international adopting woman! LOL, I have many of your same symptoms, my dear. Waiting is very, very tough work!

Away2me said...

I'm hoping you go pink any day now.

Betsy said...

I have felt everything you have mentioned. It's so exciting and anxiety provoking all in one. I hope you have a blast at the baby showers! Would love to have seen a pic of B holding baby clothes. Very touching (maybe I'm just too sentimental). Hope for a QUICK PINK!

Kristin said...

I know exactly what you mean, and I feel certain it's completely normal for women in our situations. I have been online shopping for stuff since we got the referral but it's hard moving from shopping to buying when there is always the fear of jinxing it. Just keep up that positive attitude, it's been working so far! Enjoy your showers and if anything it will take your mind off the PGN wait! I just know you'll be out soon, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Lisa said...

You crack me up. I don't know where I get the patience either, but I am surviving and you are too!Have tons of fun at your baby shower! Kiley will be home soon. Wouldn't it be great if we ended up traveling at the same time? I'd LOVE to meet you guys! I understand your clothing thoughts too . . . Almost all of the clothing we got for our shower is 9 months and up . . . Dominic is just out of wearing 0-3 stuff, so I think our presents will fit him :)