Monday, January 30, 2006

What more can I say..

This is the email I got this morning....

I received an update on your case this morning from *****. Your case is still in Family Court and we are waiting on the SW to issue the report. When she does, we have the Equal Rights Affidavit and the certified and authenticated DNA results to add to it and put into PGN. As soon as I hear the SW issues the report I will let you know

Oh yes, I was told how "lucky" I am to be adopting this weekend as it is so much easier. I feel really damn lucky right now. Week 16 here we go...

To say I am mad and sad and can't stop crying would be an understatement. I just called to cancel us for the baptism preparation class which was this weekend because quite frankly I don't have much hope that K is coming home soon. Also, I don't want to be around other parents... Is it bad that I don't want to be around parents with their babies or who are expecting right now? I just can't.

Here is my positive list to focus on.
1. More time to work on the nursery
2. Time to finish reading Toddler Adoption and Holding Time
3. My nephew turned 7 on Sun and his party this past weekend was great.
4. My other nephew called me his cool aunt .

2 comments:

Lisa said...

You have a positive list too! How nice! We will get through this, you know . . . before you know it, she'll be here. Keep on keeping on :) You are in my thoughts!

Betsy said...

I've been staring at the screen not knowing exactly what to say (a first, I know). I really can emphathize. I was told by my agency that's there's one social worker in PGN who holds up the report because she is against Americans adopting. I wonder if you have been the unfortunate one to get her. I feel your pain Dennise, I really do.