Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Ok I give!!

Alright I will end the story. My poor baby girl was sick all week but thank God with no fever. She had a rough time breathing at night but we used the steam of the hot shower to open up her lungs. As I mentioned earlier we met a great gal A, who was picking up her son. She took us to the pharmacy so we could buy a aspirator (I think that it is what it is called it is the thing you stick up babies nose to clear out mucus ). Note to parents going down bring an aspirator. A really showed us around and we had a great time with her and her son. We also met another couple S and C who were there visiting their son who was 4mths old. They were in PGN. They wanted to arrange a marriage between K and their son. B said that K is going to a convent so it is out of the question.
We met another great couple S and D who are using our agency. Unfortunately, they have had a rough time. Their Daughter is 12 months old. They accepted her referral when she was 3 months old and they were paper ready. They were just exiting Family Court when we were there. You heard me right 9 months and just getting into PGN. They are having the same problems lack of communication, lies etc. Their poor daughter was having a really hard time adjusting. She cried constantly and really looked scared to death. I felt so bad for the little one. sniff I taught S & D some words in Spanish which seemed to help a little. I could punch my agency for them. They are still in PGN. I pray that the PGN gods let them out soon. They are an amazing couple and gave me faith. They were taking things in stride. I realize that I am a big baby because if they can go through all of their crap with out much complaints what am I complaining about.

Ms. K is an angel. She is just a happy baby. Even when she could not breathe she just look at us with trust. She has a TON of hair. She cooed and smiled and kicked. She would look at me all the time and hold my hair when I fed her. God I miss that. Sniff sniff We took a day trip to Antigua with her. She slept the whole day in the handy dandy Baby Bjourn (everyone must have one really) as we walked and walked the beautiful city. I highly recommend going to Antigua very safe and so amazing. The volcanoes, the ruins..I could go on..and on

The night before was a very hard night for me. I started crying before and after dinner. I called my mom and sisters and cried more and more. It did not help that I walked in on B holding K and asking her not to forget us...He told her that was her only job... I stayed up all night watching her. I was much calmer the next morning and gathered myself for breakfast. However, S, A, and S came up to me at the omelet station and asked me how I was doing. Yup you guessed it. I lost it. The poor chef handed me a stack of napkins. Poor guy. He probably thought this crazy American woman who says she is an attorney. Anyways, I made it through. K recognized M really quickly which made me sad and glad at the same time. I was glad that she is forming an attachment to M, but it is bittersweet. I fed her and talked to M. She is a remarkable woman who has been doing this for 10 years. She told me how much she loved K and how she is giving her as much love as possible. I felt much better after we talked.

Let me tell you that my little girl already knows how to manipulate me... She was calm through out M and I conversation. She was smiling away drinking her bottle. However, when it was finally time I go to hand her over to M, she starts crying bloody murder. I mean blood curling cries. She cried from that moment up until they walked out the door. Yup stick a knife in me and pour salt on the wound. I am so in trouble.

Ok now we head to the airport, note to travelers make sure you pay you airport tax. We luckily had been told by our new found friends to pay it. if not we would have been SOL. Anyways I was calm, not really bitter up... until I got to the gate and saw SIX (6) babies coming home on our flight. I was happy for all of them. Really, I was and am. I just did not need to see SIX babies on my plane.

So now we are home. Our social worker interview did go forward on the Jan. 13. On Friday our case manager called and said that one of our documents from our dossier has been LOST, Yes LOST...How do you loose a document I don't know...So we have to redo this doc quickly so they can have it before we get into PGN. I am afraid that they will hold our file until they get that document. That is supposing our social work makes her report quickly. crossing fingers...Unfortunately, the Sec. of State office in Miami is now closed. So we had to send it to Tallahassee to get certified and then send it to the Guatemala consulate in Miami to get authenticated. Yup sucks ...but what are you going to do..The upside is that they found the error before we get into PGN so we should not get kicked out for that. I won't lie, at this point I just want my little girl home and I am on a bigger mission after our visit. Please pray, send good vibes, anything really, so that we get in to PGN soon. So that is the story....Would I recommend visiting ABSOLUTELY ....It was the hardest and the best thing I have ever done.

6 comments:

Foxxy One said...

I'm so glad she's ok and that you had some good, quality time together.

Hoping you get through this in no time flat so you can bring your angel home!

Stacy said...

Thank you for sharing your story. How heartbreaking, having to leave her. I'm visiting my daughter-to-be in a month, so I really appreciated all of your notes to visiting parents. I hope your process speeds up from here and you bring home little Ms K as soon as possible!

Kristin said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful visit despite your little girl's illness. I can imagine it was the worst feeling ever when you had to say goodbye to her but stay strong and know that you will be a forever family very soon! I am praying that everything is smooth and fast from here on out!

Betsy said...

Yay! So happy to read the ending. I'm glad K is okay. Sounds like the trip was very intense to say the least. Thanks for all the travel info. Very helpful. Where do you pay the airport tax? That's a new experience for me. Can you imagine 9 mos and just getting into PGN?! These poor parents! Unbelievable! Puts things into perspective doesn't it? I hope you have a VERY QUICK trip through PGN.

Away2me said...

I'm sending positive thoughts your way right now!

Lisa said...

So glad to hear that you had a great trip :) I can't wait to see pics of Ms K! Lost documents stink . . . our entire dossier was lost and we had to redo it AFTER we had out approval . . . we found the first the day after the second made it to Guatemala :)