Friday, January 20, 2006

Ramblings

I finally finished authenticating our equal rights affidavit and it got to the agency this morning. WHOO HOO!!!! I found two great courier service. One of them the courier was a wonderful woman. She shared with me how she and her hubby have been TTC for seven years and they were now looking at the adoption route. It got me thinking. It is interesting and I think kind of cool how ever since we started this process we are meeting all these great people who are going through the same experiences as us. The same people really Understand everything that we are going through. I mean I can handle hearing from you guys, "I understand" because you have been there done that. It is wonderful. I don't think I have ever experienced this before. I mentioned this to B last night and B said it probably will be this way when K, is home (God Wiling) and we meet other parents at school etc. I hope so, but I must admit I wonder. I guess it goes to my fear of being considered a second class parent. YKWIM.
Anyways, our CM said our document should get to Guatemala on Tuesday and be translated right away. These are things I like to here.. But, and you knew there is a but, I don't get my CM. When I was talking to her , (which btw is my first mistake, I should have just emailed her ) she said "well you should be right back into PGN???" HUH PGN???? . My heart jumped and I said " Did our SW report get done and we get submitted to PGN?? " She did not reply. Ahh yes the golden silence. Then she says it should be at the most three weeks from the date of the interview for the social worker report to get done. Our interview was done a week ago. No answer to my question. I hate vagueness..And I hate when someone does not answer my question. Yes I know, I am being picky. I am big enough woman to take it. I also know that she can't make the social worker type up the report. I guess I just wanted her to say. You know what, I will make an inquiry about that today or first thing on Monday, but know that it should be at most three weeks. and I am sorry that I got your file mixed up.. Maybe I am being unreasonable. Maybe I am being the woman that I said I was not going to be in this process. I know that she made a mistake. Which is OK and completely normal. I just don't understand how you can get files mixed up like that and not offer to pick up the file and get back with me later with an update? I know, maybe I am taking things to much at heart. But I am finding this to be a fault with many agencies out there. I know I would get fired if I mixed up cases. If a client calls me and asks me a question I tell them upfront that I am going on my memory give them an answer and then assure them that I will pull the file and get back with them with a status. YKWIM. Oh well...So that is the scoop. Oh yeah Lisa and her hubby went this week to visit their son. I am so happy for them and I can't wait to hear about their trip. Also, I can't figure out what is wrong with my links. I am debating going over to typepad. What do you all think. Let me know. Last thing, our friend Brian is coming in this weekend. So it should be interesting. The boys will be together. God Help me!!!

3 comments:

Barb said...

Dennise - Thank you for sharing your visit trip to see your daughter. I hope you can clear through the fog with your agency and get back down there to pick up your little girl for good!!!!!

Kristin said...

Hi,
I don't think you are being unreasonable at all, you are just getting fed up with the process and want some straight answers! I don't feel that is unreasonable at all!

And I totally know what you mean about meeting so many great people through this process who truly understand and have been such a great support system! I don't know what I would do without those same people! I'm just glad we can all be there for each other!

Regarding your links, I noticed that if you scroll way down on the page your links are there. Try going into your template and see if there is a long empty space and if you can delete some of that "blankness". That's all I can think of right now, I hope that helps some!

Betsy said...

There is NO excuse for mixing up files! There is no excuse for incompetence either. This is a HUGE undertaking and with so much at stake! People at the agency need to get their shit together! I can completely understand your frustration. Re: the blog site, this is happening at "Waiting for Ingrid" too. I think "Blogger" IT support would be able to fix it. If not, head over to Typepad or Blog.com.