Tuesday, January 03, 2006

checking in

Hi everyone! Happy New Year!!
We did get back safely. It was an amazing trip. I will write about it in detail next time I promise. All of you adopting from Guatemala I highly recommend visiting. However, right now I am so down it is not funny. Please bear with me as I spill my guts out. All I have done is sit in the fetal position and cry. I feel like I can not trust my agency or the persons they hire down in Guatemala so I am going out of mind. Long story short we were lied to by the facilitator while we were down there. I specifically asked her when our interview with our social worker was and she gave me the date of the 12/29. Great I thought. I finally have the answer. Low and behold the day we get back from Guatemala I get an email from my case manager giving me the "good news" that our social worker interview is on wait for it....January 13...what??? I email (and call twice) and basically say "No..the facilitator said to me as I was holding my baby that it was to take place on 12/29." THREE DAYS later she replies back "The facilitator must have mispoken when she gave the 12/29 date. Since our Guatemala coordinator spoke with the facilitaor's office on the 12/30." I don't understand,, Ok lets see here if the interview is not until 1/13/05 we probably will not be in PGN until the beginning of February. That is if the sun, the moon and the social worker timely completes the report. God knows when we will get out of PGN but the average stay is 33 days. I guess the major problem here is that 1) I hate to be lied to; 2) I wanted and had my hopes on the fact that we would be out of Family Court by now..furthermore it was partially based on the information our facilitaor gave us. The thought that we have been in Family Court since October 28 and that we will not get out until February has sent me over the edge. It also means K is just getting older. I had so hoped that she would be home at 5 months and I don't see how that is going to happend. Lest not forget that I miss my baby like crazy. The completeness she brought to me. The way she made me a better a person. So right now the thought of someone bringing their babies home (getting Pink) or getting out of PGN does not give me comfort. I am so happy for everyone who has and is out of this hell but I can't help feeling jealous and yes sorry for myself. Please don't flame me it is just the space that I am in right now. I won't be in it long. Lastly, what is up with this blog????.I do not know what is going on with my blog specificaly why no links or anything for that matter is showing up. I will try and fix it. I would hate to have to move now...UGH

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Oh Dennise, I am so sorry. I know you had your hopes up, and I had them up with you. Sucks, sucks, sucks. You've got friends (bloggers) who will support you.

Kristin said...

I'm sorry you are so down right now. It must have been so hard to leave your little girl and come home but then to have more delays on top if it must be just awful! I'm sorry you don't trust your agency or your contact in Guatemala right now. I hate to be lied to as well, and I HATE to wait! I am praying that things go super fast for you and that your baby is home with you very soon! Stay strong, you will get through this!

And as far as the blog goes, I'm afraid I have no clue. Can you go in and check your template to see if somehow all the link info was erased? Sorry, I'm not much help. Hang in there!

Lisa said...

Hi there! So glad to see that you made it back safe and sound AND that you had a great trip! I thought of you often . . . I don't have any advice on the blog. January 13th is NOT far away. I am hoping that you fly through family court. Remember, you have no holidays to stop you AND you'll go right into PGN since you have your preapproval. Stay strong . . . I can't wait to hear about your trip!!!!
Luv ya!