Friday, December 23, 2005

Happy Holidays!!!!

Well there is no turning back now..we leave tomorrow morning at 8am and land in Guatemala at 1pm. Kiley's fostermom, M, is suppose to bring her to our hotel between 3 and 4pm. I am very excited. I also realize how lucky I am to be able to spend Christmas with her. This Christmas I pray for all of those who are not matched (or suffered failed matches), who have not received their referral (and who lost referrals), who are not able to spend the holidays with their babies, or who have not conceived, who have lost their babies. You get the picture (grin). I don't know how I got lucky enough this Christmas but I am humbled by it. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and for my friends who are of the Jewish faith..Happy Chanukah.
Now if you will indulge me...I want to write a letter to Kiley for her journal/baby book.
Hi Kiley,
Your Daddy and I are coming to meet you for the very first time tomorrow. We are both very excited. I will admit that I am a little emotional with the thought of meeting you.
I want you to know that we already love you so very much. You are perfect and beautiful. I must tell you that I cannot wait to hold you in my arms and kiss your little head. I can't wait to see your big brown eyes and smell your dark hair. Your Daddy and I have waited a very long time to meet you. You are our angel sent from above. It does and will not matter what you do (either good or bad ) or what you become, we will always, (and I mean always ) love you.
When we come to see you, you might be scared because you will be in a different room with different sounds, smells and views. You might be scared and sad because M is not there when you wake up. You might be scared because M is not there to comfort you. You might be scared because you do not know what is going on. You might later be confused when you go back to M"s home. My little one, I wish I could take this all away. I wish you did not have to go through any of this. But it is OK to be scared and sad. Your Daddy and I may not understand all that you are going through but we will do our best to comfort you. We will do our best to reassure you that we love you and that you are OK. We will do our best to understand you and what you need. I ask that you have patience with us as we will make mistakes. Yes Mommies and Daddies do make mistakes!
My little Kiley I end this by telling you that there are so many people that already love you and who are anxiously awaiting you. They have given me specific instructions to take lots of pictures and give you hugs and kiss from them. So be forewarned. I love you and I will see you tomorrow.

5 comments:

Away2me said...

First you tag me for the meme, now you make me cry! What is it with you girl! LOL

Have a wonderful trip. Take lots of photos, be sure to get one of the three of you together.

When do you get home?

Kristin said...

Oh, I missed you! I'm sure you're on your way to see your little girl right now! I'm so happy that you get to spend Christmas with her, what an amazing experience!

I hope you have (are having) a wonderful trip! I can't wait to hear about it when you get home!
~Kristin

Erica said...

Have a great trip! I hope you hear while you're down there that you're in PGN!

Lisa said...

Hey Girl! I am dying for you to get back! Can't WAIT to hear about your trip!!! Good thoughts for you! Thanks for tagging me . . . although I haven't gotten to respond yet :) Write soon!

Betsy said...

I enjoy reading your blog. Can't wait to read how your trip went. Happy New Year-- this will be a very special year for you.