Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Come fly with me

We are going to Guatemala to visit Ms. K.. Can you believe it..Five whole days..I am so excited and scared. We will be spending Christmas down there which is great. Now comes the problems..I know absoutely nothing about babies. I know nothing as to what she is going to need. Nonetheless this is going to be really funny.
Here is my list so far
1. Diapers..(she is 11 pounds so find some that fit)
2. Bottles (don't know what kind she is currently using)
3. Formula ( same as above)
4. Baby Bojourn
5. Bouncy chair
6. clothes (don't know how many outfits is it two a day, plus jammies?)
7. socks
8. Small toys
9. Stroller??
10. Gift for Foster Mom
What am I missing..I know I am missing a bunch of stuff..Help

2 comments:

Kim said...

Congratulations! How exciting. The visit trip is hard but so worth it.

I agree, I wouldn't bring a stroller for a visit trip but I would bring the Bjorn. I would recommend bring a few different brands of bottles. Our son was really picky about what type of nipple he wanted to use. We bought a $10 hot pot at Bed Bath and Beyond for sterilizing and heating the bottles. This was very helpful since we ended up only using 2 bottles the whole time. I don't think you will need to bring formula. The foster mother should bring you enough for the visit. That way you will know what kind to bring for the pick up trip. If she doesn't bring you enough, you can always buy some when you are down there. I wouldn't pack a bouncy chair only because its big and you will probably want to hold her most of the time. Culturally, most of the foster moms don't put the babies down often. This was the case with Gabe. You might want to pack some burp clothes, baby towels, washclothes, and bibs. I wouldn't panic because if you forget anything, you can always buy it down there (for cheaper). I know if you are staying at La Casa Grande, they will even go out and pick it up for you.

Have fun and enjoy your daughter!

Foxxy One said...

DEFINATELY TAKE THE STROLLER! I wish we had - the Weston ran out of loaners when we were there and ended up buying one at the local department store.

Take whatever bottles you like - either your daughter will like them or not - chancees are your foster family will give you bottles (and diapers).

Remember - whatever you don't bring - you can buy. There are supermarkets, malls & department stores in the area.

If you are staying at the Westin, make sure you request a crib for your room. You will be on the family floor and it's wonderful. The Westin also has pool which is a lot of fun.

Have a blast and congrats on your PA - hoping you fly through PGN :)