Wednesday, December 14, 2005

We got Pre-Approval

OMG we got Pre-Approval!!!!! I am so excited, speechless. This is really fast timeline for pre-approval. Our DNA test was just done on the 11/25 and sent out to the Embassy by the Lab on 12/1. B is so funny and clueless about the adoption process. I called to tell him the good news and he said and I quote.."is that good??" At this point I rolled my eyes and chuckled. I briefly tried to explain the significance of this and quickly realized that you really can't explain this process briefly or accurately. He then stated" are we just going to bring her home with us after this trip". I replied "I wish honey but no" Which is the sad truth. Despite the good news we still have a long way to go...If any of you are interested in the process please go to http://www.guatefam.org/process.htm/ We are in the relinguishment portion and still need to get out of Family Court and enter PGN. Despite that we are celebrating tonight!! Everyone come celebrate with me!!!

3 comments:

Away2me said...

Congratulations... one step closer to your Kiley!

Lisa said...

I am so happy for you!That is AWESOME! I am also very excited for your visit trip :) I don't think we are too far apart . . . maybe we'll be picking up around the same time!!! CONGRATS, CONGRATS, CONGRATS :)

Kristin said...

I'm so excited for you! The process seems to be going so fast for you AND you get to visit your little girl for Christmas! What better gift could Santa bring you than that?

I'm afraid I can't help you with the list you started for the trip since I am as clueless (if not more) as you are! I'm sure it will be a little scary at first but you'll do great!

When do you fly out? I can't wait to hear details!
~Kristin