Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thanksgiving

I am actually excited for our thanksgiving dinner this year. I hope that it turns out well. We are going to my mom's for thanksgiving which usually turns out to be bad. Maybe bad is a harsh word but not what I would like it to be. Well this year our friends John and Robin are coming over to my moms as well as their son John. Don't judge me but I hope it gives me a buffer. Besides the alcohol. (grin) Don't get me wrong I love my mom. She is a dear. I really do love her and think she is awesome, but she can be a little controlling Right now she has this extreme interest in Kiley's birthmother. Which under normal circumstances does not bother me. Yes it is important for Kiley to know about her birthmother. I am a supporter of that. What I don't support is my mom's obession with it. She has gone to the extent of telling me that she is going to do her own research on Kiley's birthmother? You heard right, she said that when she goes down to Guatemala with us she is going to find out from our foster mother, M, our attorney everything and anything about Kiley's birthmother. Yes my jaw fell to the floor as well. I was speechless and I unfortunately did not respond in time so I think she believes her actions are acceptable. I know that in reality she will not receive any information and will in all likelihood not even dare to ask about it. The problem is setting boundaries with my mom. I am so lucky that she and my entire family has been so supportive of the adoption. They love Kiley so much and she honestly believes she is doing right by Kiley. Part of me does not want to upset that, however, she cannot honestly think she can go around making statements like this. Am I overreacting? Am I afraid that she will actually go through with this yes. Am I afraid to confront her HELL YES! Any words of wisdom?
Back to Thanksgiving, this year is so special. I am so thankful for my husband and my daughter (hopefully), my life, my family, my blog friends, and yes even my new car ( I went with the Infinity). I don't know how I got so lucky and blessed. That's what I love about thanksgiving it is a reminder that there is good in our lives. Happy Turkey Day everyone.
BTW Caroline welcome to my blog..comment away and I hope you get out of PGN quickly!!!

No comments: