Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween Everyone!!!
Thank you everybody for you kind words. I have printed them out and placed them in the baby book. I have not updated in a little bit because I have gone crazy trying to get our power of attorney signed, notoarized, certifited and authenticated. As well as other documents I had to redo for our dossier. It is so much easier to get the paperwork done when you have a sweet little face to look at. Brad and I ended up taking the day off on Friday and driving down to Miami (four hour drive) to get the POA done. This was not a small feet given the hurricane. It is so sad to see people without power or gas. They did not expect to get power for another two maybe three weeks. I know I was going crazy after we lost power for ony 3 days last year. I don't know how they do it.
The trip down...well Brad and I can not make anything easy. I feel like we are the Griswalds..This really an easy trip. Drive down go to the Sec. of State office, then Consulate of Guatemala. Wham Bam thank you mam..Wrong...We get down there taking our own gas..15 galllons worth. Good thing we did! So we had to drive down with the windowns down so we would not die smelling the gas fumes. The rest stops were only open for those wanting gas. We did manage to get into one stop but it was running on a generator. Anyways, we see the lines of people waiting for gas. We saw people pushing their cars because they ran out of gas while in line. It was really sad please pray for them.
So we get to the secretary of state they certify the POA and direct us to the Consulate of Guatemala. No problem we get to the Consulate I get to the door and it is....LOCKED...yup...Locked. I start to cry. I feel so bad that I made Brad take the day off drive with a headache from the fumes of gas. Well Brad starts knocking on the door..Let me rephrase that banging on the door. he turned to me and says I am not giving up on our daughter. I could have sex with him right there and there...anyways...this guy comes from the back office tells us that they are closed. Brad begs the man to authenticate the POA, tells him we drove four hours and even offers our gas to the guy. Lo and behold they let us in and we get it authenticated..our paperwork is officially complete. Everybody dance with me...
I must admit I am going a little crazy buying stuff for my/our little girl. It seems that Ralph Lauren makes the cutest baby clothes. I indulged on Friday on a Juicy Colture velor jogging suit for myself. Low and behold there was a similar one for my little one. Of course I just could not help myself. I squealed when I saw it. Brad just laughed and said she must own this. Do you see how lucky I am. A man who understands the need for overpriced clothes..
Lastly, we took my newphews to chucky cheese this weekend, That was fun. It was so good to see them so happy. Of course I got up in the slide and played a little. Everybody have a great Halloween.

2 comments:

Foxxy One said...

Please give your husband a big wet kiss from me! He is just too cool for words. I'm so glad you got your POA authenticated.

Don't know if you heard the latest but rumor has it that they hired 3 more people to process pre-approvals. Hopefully this will help you sail through the first leg of your Guatemalan journey :)

Kristin said...

Holy crap! Of all the things that could go wrong you don't generally think of a hurricane being the problem! Thank goodness I live in the midwest!

I'm so glad you were able to get your paperwork complete after all of that! What a crazy story you can tell your little girl someday!