Friday, September 09, 2005

Taking a step back

Ok,..so now that I have calmed down I can actual focus on staying positive. Yesterday we get an email from our case manager attempting to mend the fences. To her credit she immediately answered Brad's email in which he told her how upset I was. She apologized and stated that the Guatamalen attorney was dealing with many agencies and he presented the baby to many agencies and that is how the problem arose. HUH??? Ok, so that was not really positive. . Anyways, so she wants to meet with us this weekend to go over our paperwork, make sure it is all there and correct. Wish me luck...She also, told me that I really should be concerned with the Ortega Law which is going to be up for vote before the Congress of Guatemala which is to occur on September 13, 2005. The law would essentially curtail or stop international Guatemala Adoption. Ok so I am not being positive, I am totally freaking out. In order for this not to affect us we have to have a referral and have a power of attorney signed. I don't know where to turn right now. I am trying so hard to let go and let the universe work this whole situation out. But to be honest it is really hard. I really did not mean for this to be negative. I am really sure that everything is going to work out. I am holding on to that faith.

2 comments:

Foxxy One said...

Dennise, this isn't the first time the Ortega law has been brought to Congress. Each time it has been shot down. From what I've read, there are many in Congress prepared to fight this bill as being unconstitutional. I just hope that you get your referral soon so that it's a non-issue for you.

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Away2me said...

I'm sorry you agency was being shitty! I hope your meeting with them went well over the weekend. Hang in there, adoption is not easy, definately not easier than infertility treatments. There is no getting around the hard stuff in order to become parents. I've been through one failed match and I'm on the roller coaster ride with this match. Hugs to you and your hubby.