Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hi everyone..I hope everyone is well. This past weekend we attended and participated in a walk for autism. It was held at Disney Wide World of Sports. We were team Spud. (I don't know why or how my sister came up with the name) The walk was really well done. There was a lot of people. There was food and games for the kids. I applaud the group autims speaks who put on the walk. They really made the walk appropriate for the children with Autism. There were games for the children and volunteers everywhere. Children with autism tend to be really easily distracted. Autism directly affects our family. My nephew Matthew suffers from Autism. He was diagnosed with Autism when he was three years old. He is now 9. Matthew is a sweet, loving and intelligent child. His love for everything shines through. I have sometimes have a very hard time seeing him as I see a blank stare. It breaks my heart. It makes me angry as I remember him before the disease. I remember how alert and social he was. On the other side, I will selfishly admit that I am so thankful that Kiley does not suffer these problems. I have seen how this disease affects the family. It has drastically and dramitacally affected my sister and her husband. It has affected their relationship with their other son, with each other and lastly with God. Everything is struggle. Going to the mall, going to eat..everything. I pray for a day when there is something more we can do for Matthew. I pray for the day that the peace my sister is so looking for comes. Here are some pictures..




This is Matthew! Isn't he beautiful.

This is my other nephew Austin and Matthew



My sister made our shirts. I thought they were cool!







This is part of our Group..DH, Rachel, My sister Camille, and my Mom


No comments: