Thursday, August 21, 2008

I am or was addicted to the TV show Dharma and Greg, I always hoped that I would be like Dharma. I think we all wanted to be that free spirited that uninhibited. Ok, so maybe it is just me. I do believe in my heart that I am free spirited. I just hold back. Why? I don't know. Is it my belief that it is bad or am I so unsure? I don't know but anyways I found this quote by the writers of the show. I loved it.

The Buddha taught that the first principle of existence is impermanence.

Absolutely everything in this universe is impermanent.

Impermanence creates uncertainty.

I don't know about you, but I have a very low tolerance for uncertainty.

Uncertainty causes me discomfort.

Discomfort causes me to think stupid things.

Stupid thoughts cause me to take stupid actions.

My stupid actions bring about unfortunate results.

Luckily, the unfortunate results are impermanent.

Is this a great universe or what?"

No comments: