Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Martian Child

On a recent trip to vegas they played this movie on the flight. I have been wanting to blog about it since. I honestly do not have words to do this movie justice. I loved it. I recommend it to everyone. Although we did not adopt an older child I can relate to the emotions protrayed in the film. I debated whether I wanted to buy as I was not sure how Kiley would feel about it as she got older. I have this weird dream of her going through my stuff after I am dead (kinda like the bridges of madison county) and she ran across this movie. In my dream she cried as she had felt the same way the little boy felt in the movie. The movie made me more aware of her feelings about adoption. It makes us talk more about it. We talk about adoption all the time in front of her. But I still fear she will have issues with it as she grows up. The movie brought up some of those issues. Let me assure you that this is not a bad thing it is a wonderful thing. Anyways the movie was great. I laughed and cried. All I can say is see it you will love it.
" I don't want to bring another kid into this world but how do you argue against loving one that's already here<

1 comment:

Kathy's Korner said...

I just watched that movie last week and also loved it!! It was soo, wow.

It brought tears more then once during it!