Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Routine

Thank you guys for the wonderful encouragement on my firm. I think I am finally getting into a routine of sorts. It is a drastic change to be a working mother and then to top it all to be working for yourself. I am not sure I would recommend adopting and staring your own business at the same. But what is done is done. Clients are comings in which is good. I have an ad going out on June 8. Scary to see a cheesy lawyer ad. I feel really scummy about it but I need to get my name out there. Right now the clients have been referrals from the gentlemen I bought the firm from. But that can only last so long.
Lets see..Kiley is doing wonderful. Growing as a weed. Question for fellow readers...The pediatrician recommended/wants to redo all of her vaccinations?? Does this seem right? Anyways we had a great memorial weekend. We went over to our friends house where we BBQ and swam in the pool. The amazing part is that Kiley got into the pool and loved it. The amazing part of this is that Kiley did not enjoyed taking bath when we got her in Guatemala. I immediately starting co-bathing with her and she was fine. She began to actually enjoy taking baths. I really believe it helped our attachment. Anyways, since we went into the pool she has been a big girl and taking her bath without me.
I still have a lot of guilt leaving her. Its funny we get home and I am afraid I smother her. I am always laying on the ground with her, grabbing her, kissing her. I don't know if that is normal. I know that B has to pay some attention to her as well but I hog her. I realize or feel like I hog her because I am so insecure. Now don't get me wrong B, pays a lot of attention to her. He also holds her kisses her, changes diapers. In fact it is really cute for she follows him with her eyes and lifts her arms to him. But I still feel like I have to make her love me. Does any of this make sense. Am I so off my rocker??

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Assvice-- ask your doctor to do a titer test before re-doing all of the vaccinations. The titer test will show which vaccinations are "good" and which ones are not effective. If the vaccinations were not done at the right time she may need to get one or two redone. Savanna had to get one (forgot which one) redone.

You won't have to make Kiley love you. It will happen automatically. What isn't there to love about either of you!? Your insecurites are very sweet though. All normal mom stuff. Let go of the guilt girlfriend. Enjoy the moment. Your beautiful and so is Ms. Kiley!

chirokathleen said...

Have the pediatrician check the titers to determine what your daughter needs. Do the ones she needs one at a time if you can. You'll have to bring her back more often but it's worth it. Also discuss using preservative free vaccines with the pedi. You're the mom, don't be intimidated by the doc!
Good luck!
Kathleen

Away2me said...

I'm a baby hog too!

avonlea said...

I'm the same way with our puppy - I know it's not the same thing, but as close as I'm going to get for a while. You're still in the bonding stage, do what feels right.