Friday, November 11, 2005

package

Package for Kiley sent today!
(I managed to fit the following in a one gallon zip lock bag. I even impressed myself)

1) sleeper
2) outfit with hat
3) two onesizies (of course one said I love my mommy and my mommy loves me) the other were sent by Brad's dad and stepmom).
4) socks
5) small blanket (hand stiched by grandma. I tell you my mom is awesome with stictching)
6) disposal camera
7) letter for foster mom M
8) our picture

Do you guys think I missed anything?

It was hard and wonderful at the the same time to send a package. It is hard to know that she is getting older and others are seeing her first. What does comfort me is that I will experience a lot more first than these. I guess part of me kinda feels cheated. I did not think I would feel this way. But then again, I also said I can handle this whole waiting game. (ha) I guess this has taught me how I don't handle the unknown or lack of control very well. I think it is awesome that my little daugher of a little over a month is teaching me that I am a control freak and I have to work on that. It is hard because I so badly want her home and I don't have a clue when she is coming home. I do not even know if I am in family court or when the DNA testing is going to be or whether it even has been requested. Well I don't know what I can do other than try to take care of her from here and learn to give up control. (yikes! ) We talked about sending a package once a month and treat it like she is in summer camp. I like that thought. So Kiley enjoy camp. We love you and we will come get you soon.

2 comments:

Foxxy One said...

How wonderful! I hope it arrives very soon. I was very excited to see Dylan wearing thing I had sent down this month in his last update.

I hope Kiley's DNA is done and you get your pre-approval in record time.

Kristin said...

Sounds like a wonderful package of goodies you have put together for your little girl! I know it must be very hard to watch her grow from afar...I'm not sure how I will handle it myself when the time comes...but thinking of it as summer camp seems like a great way to look at it!

I hope everything goes smoothly and she is home and in your arms very soon!