Tuesday, November 08, 2005

FEAR

As we all now, I am neurotic. Really, I am woman enough to admit it. I am neurotic, overcompulsive, a worry wart. In sum, I am high maintenance. So I woke up today with this fear that something is going to go wrong with our adoption. I mean like I feel like our little girl is going to be taken away. I don't want to put out that energy. There is nothing going on that should give me that idea. I just have this feeling. I usually trust my feelings. But in this case I don't want to. I refuse to. Again, I will not put that energy out there. Anyone else experience this???
I did email our CM and asked her whether we had a DNA test date, whether it would be held up because of the holidays. Whether we would be able to see our little girl before or at Christmas. Guess what!! No reply yet. I know... you are really surprised I can tell. The lack of response fuels my fear today.
Good news. we decided on a name it is Kiley Eileen.

4 comments:

Away2me said...

Have faith. Our instincts can be off sometimes.

Great name!

Foxxy One said...

It's just adoption anxiety. Every time I feel like that (and it happens often), the tide turns and what we are waiting for just miraculously happens and I'm happy again.

Lisa said...

I love the name too :) Hang in there! I know the "fear" feeling . . . it comes and goes and I know that soon it will pass for you!

Kristin said...

I know it's easier said than done but try not to let the anxiety take over. I go through those phases too where I just freak out but after I calm down I realize this is just one more hurdle and we'll get over it. You will too! I know the wait is terrible but stay positive!

And I love the name you picked out too, it's really cute!