Friday, August 12, 2005

let the good times roll!!!

So it is Friday, and I am so excited that it is Friday. It has been a crazy week and I oh so need the weekend. Anyways...we are officially waiting for INS approval. Yippie!!!! I am really excited I am told that it takes anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks to get approval. After approval the referral wait begins. I thought we were suppose to send the homestudy to INS but I guess I was wrong. We got in the mail our original homestudy from our social worker and she placed a note stating that she had sent the homestudy to INS the week prior. Cool huh!!! So, if I am right in my math we are officially in week two of the waiting. Ok so now the pressure is on for me to finish this paperwork. Which I think is great. It is nice to have some motivations. Now the real question begins when do you shop for baby furniture??? I really am stumped on this one. I mean we just had a scare this week about the laws changing in Guatemala, but thank God it did not make it out of committee...so I don't want to buy to soon. Any suggestions, ideas??

2 comments:

Foxxy One said...

Just came over to your blog from Deanna's. I too am adopting from Guatemala. I wish you an easy wait for your INS. It's a bear I know. I was lucky and had mine expedited because I had my referral.

Away2me said...

I say buy furniture any time you want. You are adopting a baby. If the laws change in Guatemala (which they probably won't) but if they do, you'll adopt from some place else. So shop, shop, shop and enjoy being a soon-to-be mommy.