Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Fingerprinting 2

Ok so here it goes...we go to the Sherriff's office at the allocated time. I start filling out my cards. So far so good...Well low and behold I make a mistake on the card by not filing out the proper code. Like a big dummy, I scratch out the code. As soon as I do it, I realize my mistake. I realize that Guatemala is going to reject these cards. Now, not tooting my own horn here, but I had been pretty cool about the whole finger print delay issue up until now. I ask the employees at the Sherriff's office whether they have any blank cards and they say they don't. I then call my case manager who acts like a total B**** to me and basically tells me I am screwed and to find new cards on my own. I absoutley loose it. I mean when I say I lost it, I mean I went postal. On a side note here, I did not want to go with the agency we are using. We are using them as Brad felt comfortable with our case manager. So as you can imagine, as the adult that I am, I bring that up to him at this time. Sorry, childish I know , but I was really upset. Anyways, Brad gets his done and I sit there watching it. In order to save his life, Brad calls the local FBI office and they tell him that they have the cards I just have to drive across town in work traffic to get it. I say what the hell bring it on, and off I go. At the FBI office I am given some cards but they are different then the ones sent by the agency. At this point I don't care. I return to the Sherriff's office with 20 minutes to spare. This whole process has now taken over 3 hours. As I stated earlier they only do fingerprints fours hours one day a week. The same employees are there I show them my new cards and she states.."Oh we have these" GRRRRR!!!

No comments: