Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Here we go!

A little background, we are in the process of adopting of Guatemala. We are at what I like to call "paper pregnancy" stage. I/we are almost done with our dossier :0) Hopefully after that is complete we will get a referral. The dossier process appears to be never ending. I have read that I should treasure this time for it is the only portion of the adoption process that I have actual control over. I think that is a bunch of bologna. How is it that I have control over this when I have to follow all of these requirements of other people that I don't know and who ultimatley will decide if we can parent and when. Can we say bitter party of one. I am so tired of the paperwork, the double checking, the triple checking.....I don't want to have to carry a binder with what seems like a hundred of documents with a check list as big as the Godfather's rap sheet...I rather be carrying a picture of our baby. Gosh I sound like a martyr.
Anyways, so today we go to get our local background check done. This is the last documents that our social worker needed for the homestudy. Can I get an AMEN!! So I was really excited this morning. However, I , as always, had big expectations. I figured that we could get our fingerprints done for the FBI check at the same time. On a side note, I just found out about the FBI check requirement yesterday from my case manager. I was told get it done at the same time as the local background check. Easy enough. Wrong...as we are waiting to get served at the police department I look over and there is a sign which states, and I quote "fingerprinting will only be done on Tuesdays from 8:00am to 12:00pm" note, today is Wednsday. I look over to my husband who know has learned to read my body language and knows I am going to blow...he says...I will be at .....(it doesn't matter at this point) on Tuesday......I look at him and say you know it will take three weeks to get our background check back from the FBI ....he just nods and says...Remember it is a journey Honey not a race.... UGHH

1 comment:

Away2me said...

Welcome to blog land. It is more fun than you can imagine, a place where your inner thoughts our available to anyone and lots of support comes flooding your way. I'm going to put you on my favorites list and I'll be checking on you!

Keep posting those entries and thinking about your beautiful baby.