Monday, June 30, 2008

First things first, Herbie is A OK!!! It seems I pulled in a little to close in a parking space (allegedly) so the underneath panel protecting the air conditioner fan was pulled. It was an easy fix. Actually the shop did not charge us a dime. Isn't that wonderful. I am so in love with them right now.
So here is the deal. I want to go back home to Puerto Rico for a visit with Kiley sometime soon. My family in Puerto Rico has not met Kiley. The exceptions are my grandmother and uncle. However, my grandmother is 88 years old. Thank God that she is in good health but you never know when they reach this age. Moreover, I really want to go and experience some loving Grandma care. I want to go sit on the beach with Kiley. Sure I we have beaches here and we;ve taken Kiley but I want really warm clear blue water. I want to walk down to the end of the street to the bakery and get some fresh bread. I want to sit and do mundillo with my Grandma and her church friends. We sit on the porch and lace and watch everyone walk out to the town square. I even miss the darn rooster. I don't know what has brought this up. But it is there. What is the problem you ask? Just go...
Well it seems like Brad has the same calling but for his home town of Holton Lake Michigan. We can only afford to take one trip. Now mind you I have no problem with the north or Michigan for that matter. But really do you think of going to Michigan in the summer. No!! Let me just state for the record that Brad has no family remaining in Holton Lake. However, and very importantly Brad wants to go visit his mother's and brother's (Jeff's) grave. OK I know I am sounding selfish right now but hear me out. I want to go to the grave site. I think it is a beautiful thing. I want to thank his mother for raising such a wonderful son. I want them to see what a good family Brad has. How wonderful his relationship with Kiley is. It is the other stuff that bothers me of the trip. Brad's' family was very against us getting married. They did not want him marrying a "non white" Hispanic and to top it off a Catholic. (His family are preachers who for some strange and absurd reason think Catholics and the Catholic Church are evil) I know makes no sense. So we had a huge obstacle to overcome. We are still dealing with it. Honestly his family is the only issue we have. Now I am not so bad. I do not hold a grudge. I constantly encourage Brad to talk to his family. I ask about them, I pray for them. We meet with his family members when they come here. Only really his uncle. Anyways, I treat them with kindness and really compassion. I know they don't know what they are saying is wrong or hurtful it is just is. So I pray and mediate before I see them. I have only gone to Michigan twice since our relationship started. Both times very short and for funerals. The last time I was there I spent a lot of time with my blackberry. Anyways, I am really hesitant to go to Michigan. Brad wants to go take Kiley and do the rounds to family. These are the same people that did not accept me I worry about Kiley. I have tried explaining this to Brad. But he is insistent on wanting to go. He assures me that he will protect us. That everything will be OK. I have to believe him. I have to believe that it is life lesson for me and Kiley. Kiley has to learn to deal with people who may not like her. Maybe they will love her and it is just me they have problems with. That would be my life lesson I think. I would be OK with that. As long as they are good to Kiley and Brad I can handle it. I don't want any tension I don't want Kiley to feel at all that I don't love or appreciate his family. That would really suck. However, I still am unsure. I will keep you guys updated if we really go. The funds are an issue at this point. We will see.

No comments: